We all know that we are more than just a body, we also are mind and spirit. The mind is the conscious & subconscious part of us and the spirit the higher-self, the connection with the divine and we should seek balance for these three aspects of our being to be healthy. Crystals can be a great aid to balance these energies because they can adjust the energy flow, absorb, increase or remove blockages, thus improving well-being.
The body is our container, the physical and tangible part of us and, the crystal energy can work on this level providing relief for headaches, low energy and other ailments. Please note that this practice doesn't substitute professional healthcare but works as prevention, and provides relief of mild symptoms. Some examples:
- Carnelian - Carnelian is full of life force and vitality.
- Clear quartz - Purifies and focuses energy.
- Citrine - Citrine is an excellent stone for energizing and recharging.
Our mind is deeply connected to the nervous system, and when out of balance we can experience stress, anxiety, depression and other symptoms. There are amazing crystals to help to balance these energies, such as:
- Citrine - The gem promotes joy in life all while getting rid of negative traits, fears, and helps stop anger.
- Clear quartz - Helps clarify situations.
- Aquamarine - Its calming energies reduce stress and quiets the mind.
The spirit we can call the higher-self, and it’s deeply connected with love, compassion, forgiveness and communication. And we can work with crystals to enhance this connection. Some examples are:
- Amethyst - Helps with intuition and insight.
- Clear quartz - Opens higher awareness and psychic abilities and is great for meditation.
- Fluorite - Supportive when it comes to stimulating the third eye and your psychic abilities.
There are some steps to consider when using the crystals for healing:
- Choosing the right crystal - Start with quick research to figure out which crystal works best for your needs. There is plenty of information about this subject and most of the sellers provide this type of information. You can check our online store to find out more about some crystals. Nevertheless, you can also pick a crystal that you feel drawn to because you most likely need it.
- Clean your crystal regularly - There are several ways to cleanse crystals, some of my favourites are: With Moonlight, place your crystal exposed to the moonlight and leave it for the night but remember to pick it up in the morning. With Sage or Palo Santo, it's a wonderful and quick way to do it! Just burn it and let it flow over the crystal(s), there are crystal sets available with sage or palo santo but you can also make your own. And finally, put it in a bed of quartz or selenite base and leave it for a few hours.
- Program your crystal - When working with energies we should be clear about the intention to get better results and it's really easy to do it! You can simply hold the crystal in your hand and think about what you wish to receive from it. Another alternative is to place the crystal on the corresponding chakra while meditating or repeating your mantra.
And remember as most everything in life working with crystals is a continuous process, and it gets more powerful if you have meditation into the mix to reinforce and amplify your intentions.